Applying for Service at an Existing Residence
Applying for service at Grand Strand Water & Sewer Authority is easier than ever before! You may apply for service over the phone by calling our Customer Service Department at (843) 443-8202 during our business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Your credit card (Visa, Master Card, or Discover) or check by phone are accepted to pay for connection fees. You may also apply for service at our Administrative Building located at 166 Jackson Bluff Road.
The following information is needed when applying for service:
- Social Security Number/FID #
- Date in which water and/or sewer service is needed
- 911 address of property receiving service
- Mailing address (if different than service location)
- Day-time and night-time telephone number
- Tax Map Number (TMS#, if property owner)
- Property owner’s name and mailing address
A 24-hour notice must be given before water and/or sewer service can be activated. (Please Note: GSWSA does not provide same-day service). Due to GSWSA being closed on Saturdays and Sundays, all applications received on Friday will not begin service until the following Monday.
Please make sure that all faucets are turned off and that there are no leaks at the time service is turned on at your location. This protects your home from any possible water damages as well as preventing a delay in service to your location. (Please Note: An additional charge may be incurred for a return visit of the Authority’s Meter Reader, who was unable to turn the water on due to the meter indicating usage of water within the residence).
Connection charges for an existing residence include the following:
- New Service Fee
- Security Deposit
- Reactivation Fee (if applicable)
- Sewer Inspection (for new mobile homes)
All fees must be paid at the time the service application is taken.